This support note applies to:
- Timecost (AU)
- Profiles (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) although you may have all users out of the system, some error messages indicate that users are in still logged into the system even though you know that they are not and running the ActiveUsers.bat file does not show the list of users still locked into AE.
When this occurs, it's because Integrity has locked some database files because it's still running or active.
In MYOB AE there are four ways to find out if Integrity is running and the following instructions will step you through all four processes.
There are four ways to determine the machine where integrity is running when all users have exited MYOB Accountants Enterprise:
Perform the following instructions from the Windows desktop:
- Follow the menu path:
Start > Programs > MYOB Accountants Enterprise > DataSafe.
The DataSafe Utilities screen appears.
- Click Support Tools. The MYOB Database Utilities screen appears.
- In the Utility field, select Application Finder and click Run Now. The Application Finder screen appears.
It now displays the machine and user that is running each application including integrity.exe.
Perform the following instructions from within Contacts.
- Follow the menu path:
Help > About MYOB Contacts.
The About MYOB AE Contacts screen appears.
- Click Application details. The MYOB AE Contacts Application Details screen appears.
- Write down the Database Location and Installed Location then click OK. The About MYOB AE Contacts screen appears.
Database Location: Q:\data\MYOB
Installed Location: s:\MYOB\bin
- Click Close. The Contacts screen appears.
- From the Start menu, select Run. The Run window appears.
- Type the path to the program folder and click OK. The files within the Bin folder appear.
Double-click on the IntegFinder.exe file. The Integrity Finder window appears.If you have installed AE Series 8.9 or above to a new server or directory, the integrity.exe file will not appear in the bin folder. Contact Support for more details.
Select the database from the drop-down list and click Where's Integrity. The Machine field will display the name of the computer hosting integrity.If more than 1 machine name appears, run activeusers.bat again and exit any users who have logged back into AE.
How do I identify the machine name
Perform the following from within Windows Explorer:
- Locate and right click on My Computer then select Properties. The System Properties window appears.
- Select the Network Identification tab on Windows 2000 or the Computer Name field on Windows 7 or 8 machine. The computer name is displayed.
- Press and hold the Windows button and press R on your keyboard. The Run window opens.
- Type the path to your data directory in the Open field and click OK. The files within this directory appear.
Example: Q:\data\MYOB\Group 0 where Q:\data\MYOB is your data directory and Group 0 is your database group.
- Highlight prosync.ldb and right mouse click on this file. A popup menu appears.
- Hover your mouse over the Open With menu option and select Notepad. The prosync.ldb - Notepad window appears.
The file lists the workstation name that has integrity running.
- Right click in the task bar at the bottom of your screen and select Task Manager. The Windows Task Manager window appears.
- Select the Processes tab and check if you can locate the Image Name integrity.exe.
Alternatively in the Applications tab, integrity is represented by the Task of Q:\data\MYOB\0/Ceedata where Q:\data\MYOB is your data directory.