This support note applies to:
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
Practice Manager only
If you see line text or line amount appear in place of your paragraph text in your previewed or printed bills, there are a few methods you can use to fix this:
- Restart your machine if you have printed a large number of bills and a number of them have been affected
- Open Microsoft Word and leave minimised
- Return the unposted/draft bill to Draft status if already submitted and then re-submit and preview the bill (AE)
- Rename the draft bill if already posted
If all bills are affected, turn off protected view
You might want to test a few bills to see if all bills are affected or if it's just one or a few. Also check whether only one employee has the issue or whether a number of employees do.
If one or a few bills are affected
When a bill is posted and then previewed, the system creates a file called Draft2156.doc or Draft2156.dox for example. This is the file that you can rename to see if it pulls through the paragraph text and amounts when you preview the bill again.
- To find the number of the draft bill to rename:
- In AE or AO, open the client and click the Bills tab.
- Select the bill in the Full Billing History section and click the Report button.
- Note the draft number in the top right of the report.
- To find the bill location:
- Go to Maintenance > Maintenance Map and search for Mailing Settings.
Note the directory in Billing Startup Path.
If you don't have a Billing Startup Path or can't find your bills in the listed location, check the path in Word Billing Algorithm in Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Document Creation Settings.
- Open Windows Explorer and go to to the bill location from the Billing Startup Path.
- Find the draft bill with the draft number that you noted from the Draft internal bill report.
- Right click the draft bill and select Rename.
- Rename the draft bill. For example, add .old to the end of its name.
- Back in AE or AO, open the client and click the Bills tab.
- Select the bill in the Full Billing History section, click Preview to confirm that line text or line amount aren't appearing on the new bill/document and that you now see your paragraph text from Stage 3 of the Billing Wizard.
Where you have previewed the bill after submitting it and find line text appears on the bill, follow these steps:
- In the Submitted bill, click the Draft Bill icon to the left of the field where SUBMITTED is displayed as per Example 1.
- You will see a Confirm Delete window which will prompt with the following for example where S:\Vizbills refers to where your bills are stored on the network/pc : 'Bill in location: S:\Vizbills\Draft2935.doc already exists. This will be deleted. Do you you want to continue?' Answer Yes.
- Click the Submit icon to the right of the Draft Bill icon to resubmit the bill.
- From the Tasks bar, click Preview and check the bill to confirm the paragraph text now appears.
If all bills are affected
For Terminal Server sites, close Word for all users and log in as the administrator before changing Protected View. Then, test from individual logins after logging off/into a terminal server session. If this doesn't fix the error, repeat the same steps in Word under an individual terminal server login and re-test previewing bills.
Open Microsoft Word and go to File > Options > Trust Centre > Trust Centre Settings > Protected View.
Deselect the options required to disable protected view.
Click OK and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.