This support note applies to:
- AO Document Manager (AU)
- AO Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
In MYOB Document Manager the formatting of a letter or merge field may change when a letter is created using standards and stationery.
The font and/or font size within a new letter may be different to what is set in the standard or stationery when the new letter is created.
This occurs when Styles setup in both template documents are different. The most comman styles in Word are Normal, List Paragraph and No Spacing .
To resolve the issue you need to ensure the Standard has the same font and size for these styles as the Stationery. The Stationery is the primary document so it is best to ensure all Standards match this.
Perform the following instructions from within the MYOB Intranet Administration window:
Open a standard or stationery in Microsoft Word. The document opens.Make sure the document is not set to "Read Only".
- Under the Home tab point to the Style Normal and right click and select Modify. The Modify window opens.
- Change the Font and Font size as required and click OK.
- Follow step 2 and 3 for the following styles. List Paragraph and No Spacing
Save the Word document. The Word document or template is saved.Change the document to "Read Only" if required.
If the problem continues to occur in a specific Standard you will need to apply a style.
To Do this perform the following steps
Open the Standard in Microsoft Word.The document opens.Make sure the document is not set to "Read Only".
- Highlight the entire document. The contents is highlighted.
- Select the Normal Style from the Word Home tab. The style is applied to the document.
Save the Word document. The Word document is saved.Change the document to "Read Only" if required.