This support note applies to:
- AO Classic Practice Management (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
For MYOB Accountants Office (AO) to run as smoothly as possible, map a network drive on each workstation to the data folder on the server. Set up the mapped drive on each workstation. Use the same drive letter on each workstation.
All files need to be stored in one location. These files can contain paths or locations stored within them that point to other files. So if one path is different on any workstation, you may not be able to locate and access the required files or data from that workstation.
Possible consequences of inconsistent drive mappings
- When opening Accountants Office: Error: "Cannot locate your licence information".
- When updating Accountants Office: Error: "Install shield wizard error".
- When using E-File: Error: "E-File directory not created".
- Accessing the Files tab in the Clients module: Error: "1002/Input/Output operation failure".