This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Classic (NZ)
MYOB Accountants Office (AO) is being updated and you will soon receive a DVD containing the installation of the next generation of MYOB AO. Before upgrading, there are important steps you need to take.
Following is a list of pre-requisites for you to perform prior to installing the AO update.
Update to MYOB AO Classic 16.0.1
Before you can go any further, you need to have AO Classic 16.0.1 installed. This version contains the pre-migration check you need to run before upgrading to MYOB AO. To check what version you're running, open AO Classic and from the Help menu select About MYOB Accountants Office.
If you are not currently using version 16.0.1, please refer to the my.MYOB Product Downloads page, New Zealand to download the latest release.
Prepare your AO Classic debtors data
- From the Tools menu, select Options. The Settings window appears.
- Click the Debtors tab then click Advanced. The Advanced Options window opens.
- Click the Other tab. The available options diaplay.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the Debtor Type field and select Open Item. The type is changed.
- Click Save & Close. The change is saved.
- Close and re-open AO Classic. This change is applied.
Run Transaction Allocation
You must then run the debtors transaction allocation process to ensure that only outstanding debtors' transactions are migrated.
- Open the Debtors module and follow the menu path: File > Housekeeping > Auto Allocate All Transactions. The Reallocate transactions for all clients window opens.
- Select the required options and click Start. The process runs.
- Open AO and follow the menu path: File > Housekeeping > Check Client ID. The Blank or duplicate IDs window opens.
- If there are no blank or duplicate IDs click OK. If there are blank or duplicate IDs click the relevant option to action as required. The check and/or update is completed.
This is an excellent opportunity to clean your data and check your hardware compatibility prior to your upgrade. Simply set aside 30 minutes - this time may vary depending on the database size, and follow the menu path File > Housekeeping > Pre-migration check.
The wizard-driven tool prepares your data for the upgrade. Because MYOB AO utilises the latest Microsoft technology, it is a critical part of the upgrade process to ensure your computer system is compatible and ready for upgrading. Refer to the MYOB AO Practice Manager System Requirements page.
- Open AO and from the Tools menu, select Security Rights. The Assign Rights to User or Group window appears.
- Select the Groups option then click the drop-down on the Assign to field and select Everyone. The Everyone group is selected.
Expand Tools and select Options then deselect the Access option and click OK. Access is removed from this option for the Everyone group.This is so that after migration to the new AO, only the Administrators group from AO Classic has access to these features.
Practice Manager Modules
- Expand Modules and select each of the following, then deselect the Access option and click OK.
Access is removed from these options for the Everyone group.
How to Apply Security
- From the Tools menu select Options. The Settings window opens.
- Click Advanced. The Advanced Options window appears.
- Click the drop-down on the Use Security field and select Yes. The security option is set.
- Click Save & Close. The option is saved.
Check your licenses
If you have more than one computer running MYOB AO Classic, it is important to check you have enough licenses prior to upgrading to MYOB AO. If you require assistance with this, contact MYOB Support to confirm your number of licenses.
Upgrade to MYOB AO
Ensure you have completed the preparation tasks above then when you run the installation DVD, an installation wizard installs MYOB AO.
You will not be able to use AO Classic during the upgrade so please plan in advance for the upgrade.
Welcome to the next generation of MYOB Accountants Office.