This support note applies to:
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
In MYOB Accountants Office (AO) General Ledger you can import transactions from other MYOB products.
Here you'll learn how to import transactions from MYOB Essentials into MYOB AO Classic General Ledger.
Open the MYOB Essentials file, click the client's settings icon and select Import/export data. The Import/export data window appears.
Enter the dates for which you want to export the transactions and click Export. The transactions are exported in .mye format. Depending on your browser, you have the choice to Open or Save the file, or alternatively the file is saved to your Downloads folder.
Close the Export Transactions window and log out of MYOB Essentials.
- Open My Computer and browse to the folder where you saved the .mye file.
- Double-click the .mye file. The Processing MYE file window appears and the transactions are extracted into the Transaction Store.
- Click OK. The Processing MYE file window closes.
- Open the MYOB AO General Ledger and go to File > Import > MYOB AccountRight/MYOB Essentials Accounting. The Import MYOB Ledger Wizard appears.
Select Client e-mail Transaction Store and select the client name of the Essentials ledger. The relevant data is selected.
Specify the date range for the transactions you wish to import. The dates are selected.
If you need to repost transactions previously posted, select Include transactions previously posted?.
Select the posting and account mapping options as required and click Import. The Import from MYOB Accounting window appears.
- Only use Import opening balances if you're importing into a blank ledger.
- Summarise transactions can be used if the details of individual transactions are not required.
- If you have a previously-saved a master template, you can select it from the drop-down list. Use customised template will use and save a template for this ledger only.
- Don't use Do not perform any Account Code conversion with an Essentials file. Always select Preview Template file prior to import? to ensure all mappings are correct.
Click Yes. The account mapping screen appears to let you map any accounts not mapped in the selected template..
Map all accounts as required and click Import. The import process is performed and when complete, a summary appears.
If required, nominate a suspense account for any unmapped transactions and click Next.
Click OK. The import is complete.