This support note applies to:
- AE MAS (NZ)
- AE MAS (AU)
MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) MAS lets you import transactions from other accounting software.
This article will step you through how to export transactions from Quickbooks, format these transactions then import them into the ledger.
Before you begin, ensure that the Account codes in Quickbooks match the Chart of Account codes in the MAS ledger, then follow the steps below:
- Open Quickbooks and from the File menu, select Open Company. The Open a company screen appears.
- Select the ledger to export transactions from and press ENTER. The Quickbooks Login screen appears.
- Enter password and press ENTER. The Quickbooks navigator screen appears.
- Follow the menu path: Reports > Other Reports > Journal. The Journal report screen appears.
- Click the Header/Footer button on the journal report. The Format Header/Footer screen appears.
- Ensure all the boxes are unchecked and press ENTER. The report now shows without any header/footer.
- Click the Customise... button on the journal report. The Customise report screen appears.
- Ensure that only the following columns are selected:
- Trans No.
- Tax Code.
- Tax Rate.
- Change the report dates to include all transactions required to be exported and press ENTER. The report is now customised and ready to be printed.
- Click the Print... button on the journal report. The Print Reports screen appears.
- Select print to File, select tab delimited format and press ENTER. The Create Disk File screen appears.
Type Export in the File Name field and click the Save button. The Report Status screen appears showing the progress of the export. Once complete, the Journal Report screen appears.
The default location of the export file is C:\Program Files\Intuit\Quickbooks Pro. Export is the file created to be converted.
- Open Accountants Data Transfer (ADT) and select Quickbooks from the Clients Cashbook Format drop-down menu. The type Quickbooks appears on the Clients Cashbook Format field.
- Click the Clients Cashbooks File button on the ADT Navigator. The Choose a File screen appears.
- Locate the folder of the export file. This file is noted at step 11 above.
- Click on the name of the export file and press ENTER. The file path is now shown on the Clients Cashbooks File.
- Click on the Chart of Accounts Format drop down menu on the ADT Navigator and select Soln6 MAS4 r5.1. The type Sol6 MAS4 r5.1 appears on the Chart of Accounts Format.
- Click the Chart of Accounts File button on the ADT Navigator. The Choose a File screen appears.
Type the name of the file to be exported and press ENTER. The file is saved as a *.csv format.The default location of the export file is C:\Program Files\Adt. The file created is the file to be imported to MAS.
Click on the Process Cashbook to Chart icon on the ADT Navigator. The message "Export Finished." Do you wish to view the output file" screen appears.
If the conversion is unsuccessful, an error message appears such as:
"The Category Map is incomplete" screen message if category codes do not match while ADT is converting your client's data in which you need to review the category mapping.
"The Tax Map is incomplete" screen message if tax codes do not match while ADT is converting your client's data in which you need to review the tax code mapping. Please contact Quickbooks Technical Support for assistance.
- Click Yes. The import - Notepad screen appears with all the process transactions.
- From the File menu, select Exit. The Accountants Data Transfer screen appears.