This support note applies to:
- AO Classic Tax (AU)
- AO Classic Practice Management (AU)
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
In MYOB Accountants Office many variables can effect the performance and speed of the application and processes.
- Check that the workstation meets MYOB system requirements. You can access these in the Installation guide for MYOB Accountants Office.
- Ensure the Data folder is hosted on a server and not hosted on a NAS, as NAS have poor performance. Refer to your IT consultant to check this.
- Ensure you are running on a 1 Gbps network and not 1 Mbps. Refer to your IT consultant to check this.
- Restart the workstation or if it affects multiple workstations restart the Server.
- Ensure you have established an exception in your antivirus software so the Data folder is not scanned in real time. Alternatively, temporarily disable scanning on the data folder to test the result. If disabling or uninstalling AV improves speed vastly but exceptions do not please refer to your IT Consultant for further instructions on how you can setup the exception on your data folder.
- Ensure each staff member has been granted full control rights to the program files directory, for example C:\Program Files\Accountants Office, as well as the directory where Accountants Office is located on the server for example X:\MYOBAO.
- Remove read only properties on program files and from the MYOBAO folder.
- If the server is Microsoft Server 2008 then disable Server Message Block Protocol 2.0 (SMB) on the server.
If you continue to experience inefficiencies, contact us.