This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (NZ)
- AE Statutory Reporter (NZ)
- Workpapers (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Workpapers (AU)
- AE Statutory Reporter (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Tax (NZ)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) from version 5.4.5 and Accountants Office (AO) from version 2014.0 (Australia) and 2014.1 (New Zealand), the function allowing your employees to create their own MYOB Logins was automatically activated through a specific task permission.
The following instructions will step you through deactivating the task permissions.
- Login to AE/AO as an Administrator.
- Follow the menu path: Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Security > Task Permissions. The Maintenance - Task Permissions tab displays.
- In the Product field select Central and in the Group field select the relevant security group. The Group Descriptions are displayed.
- Click the + symbol to expand the Employee selection. The contents of this selection is displayed.
- Locate the permission description #Employee #Edit my.MYOB details and click the checkbox in the Allow column until the tick disappears. The tick is removed from the checkbox.
- Click OK. The Maintenance - Task Permissions tab is saved and closed.
When the employee logs back into MYOB, the task permissions for this process will have been modified and they will not be able to set up their own MYOB Login.