This support note applies to:
- PDF Manager (AU)
- PDF Manager (NZ)
After upgrading to PDF Manager you may encounter the following issues:
- Stamps, comments, or rectangular text are automatically added when attempting to reimport a document in Microsoft Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Bookmarks may not be saved when attempting to reimport a document.
These issues occur due to a third-party control performing file operations in a temporary folder.
We're aware of this issue and we're working on a solution. To resolve this issue in the interim, you can delete the contents of the temporary PDF Manager folder.
- Press and hold the Windows button and press R on your keyboard. The Run window opens.
- Type %appdata% and click OK.Windows Explorer opens.
- In the folder line at the top of Windows click on the Appdata name. The Window will change to the Appdata Folder.
- Click on the Local folder. The appdata\local folder displays.
- Click on the VirtualStore folder, then the Program Files (X86) folder, then the MYOB folder and then the PDF Manager folder.
- Then delete the entire contents of this folder.
If this issue does reoccur, you can simply delete new files that have been created in this folder to resolve the issue once again.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\MYOB folder. The contents of the folder appears.
- Right click the PDF Manager folder and select Properties. The PDF Manager Properties window appears.
- Click the Security tab. The Security tab contents displays.
- Under the Group or user names list, click Edit. The Permissions for PDF Manager window appears.
- Select the group Users under the Permissions for ALL pane and click the Allow checkbox for Full Control. A tick appears in the Allow checkbox next to Full control.
- Click Apply, and then OK for each open Property window.