This support note applies to:
- AO Assets Live (AU)
- AE Assets Live (AU)
In the Client Accounting - Assets tab you can post the resulting depreciation values to the underlying General Ledger.
There are a number of settings and pre-requisites you need to ensure are in place to enable the posting of the transactions. The following is information on the setup procedure and the integration process.
To successfully post depreciation journals to the underlying ledger you need to:
- Click the Assets tab and click Register settings. The Register Settings window opens.
- Select the required options under the headings Depreciation calculation for and General Ledger settings and click OK. The integration options are selected.
For further information regarding the fields on this window, please refer to the following Online Help topics:
|Accountants Enterprise||Editing asset register settings|
|Accountants Office||Editing asset register settings|
- Click Maintain control group.
- Enter or select from the pick list, the accounts for each of the Integrated accounts fields for the Taxation tab.
- If the Assets Register is set to Calculate depreciation for Accounting & Taxation click the Accounting tab and enter or select from the pick list, the accounts for each of the Integrated accounts fields.
Click Save. The control group integration accounts are established and the mapping indicator in the right-hand column shows as a tick.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for each Control Group.
Once you have finished establishing your control group settings for each control group, to exit the Maintain Control Group window:
- Click Close. The message "Do you want to save changes?" appears.
- Click Yes. The Assets tab appears.
For further information regarding the fields on this window can be found under Integrated account fields on the following Online Help topics:
|Suite||Taxation tab fields||Accounting tab fields|
|Accountants Enterprise||Maintain Control Group Window - Taxation tab fields||Maintain Control Group Window - Accounting tab fields|
|Accountants Office||Maintain Control Group Window - Taxation tab fields||Maintain Control Group Window - Accounting tab fields|
- Open the Asset Year and click Submit journals. The depreciation journals are posted to the General Ledger.
If the Submit journals option in the Tasks panel is not available:
- Ensure integration accounts have been established for both Accounting and Taxation on all the Control Groups in the case where the Assets Register is set to Calculate depreciation for Accounting & Taxation; and
- Ensure the Start date and End date on the Asset Year match the From and To dates on the Workpaper or Trial Balance tab.