This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
Occasionally when a new client enters your practice you may be requested to amend a previously lodged individual tax return.
In MYOB Tax you will need to replicate the original return, manually edit the status of the tax return to Lodged and then preparing the amendment. This support article will step you through the process of achieving this.
Replicating the original lodged return and editing the status
Once you have added your client into MYOB and entered the original data into the tax return that was lodged to the ATO, use the following instructions:
- In the replicated original return press the Validate icon to check that there are no validation errors. The return contains no validation errors.
- Follow the menu path Lodgment > Update > I P T C F Forms. The Lodgment Update window appears.
- Ensure the Single Return option is selected.
- Click OK. The Lodgment Update window appears showing the current status of the return.
- At the Status field, click the drop-down arrow and select Lodged. The status is updated and the return re-appears.
- Close the return. The return closes and you can now prepare the amended return.
- Click the Return Properties icon on the toolbar. The Return Properties window appears.
Ensure that 'P' for Paper return appears in the Return Lodged via field.If this does not appear, click the ellipses [...] button at the Return Lodged via field and select P.
- Click OK. The return appears.
For details on preparing an amended tax return, see Amending Lodged Returns.
For details on Lodging an amended tax return, see Lodging using Lodgment Manager.