This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (AU)
- PDF Manager (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
When printing from Tax to MYOB PDF Manager, nothing appears in MYOB PDF Manager.
An alteration needs to be made for each user who needs to print from Tax to PDF Manager as Tax has its own printer configurations set for other printers.
- Open Tax on workstation.
- Go to Maintenance menu > User Preferences…The preferences window opens.
- Select Print Options Tab and click on Print Return Setup. The Print Return Set up window opens
- Choose PDF Manager Tab and select any form then click on the ellipses button at the end to choose a page setup for that form. The existing page setup window opens.
Select New to create a new Page Setup, name it PDF Manager and click OK. The PDF Manager page setup appears.
Select the page setup: Portrait (with default settings) and Landscape with Page scaling set to 92%.
- Highlight PDF Manager page setup and click on properties. The properties window appears.
- Select PDF manager as the Default Printer and check the box to make PDF Manager the default printer for this page setup. The printer setup is complete for that Form.
- Repeat steps 1 - 7 for all forms on the PDF Manager Tab. The process finishes.
Now when printing a print return, in printers choose PDF Manager. Also make sure PDF Manager is running in system tray or is open.
Windows 10 users
If you are on a Windows 10 machine, you might notice 100's of pages printing incorrectly. This is happening after an windows update.
To fix the issue, you'll need to change the printer default from Letter to A4 for the PDF Manager printer.
- On the windows 10 machine, open Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
- Right click MYOB PDF Manager printer and select Printer Properties.
- Go to Device Settings tab.
- Under Printer Auto Select click the drop down and select A4 > Apply.
- Select the General tab and click Preferences.
- At Paper Options select A4 from drop down list.
- Click Ok and Ok to close printer setup window.