This support note applies to:
- AO Document Manager (AU)
- AO Classic Document Manager (AU)
- AO Classic Document Manager (NZ)
- AO Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) and Accountants Office (AO) you may experience the error "Document Manager is not licensed" when opening Microsoft Office products.
This error may appear where MYOB Document Manager has been previously installed and is no longer licensed.
To resolve this error you will need to remove the Document Manager shortcuts from the Windows startup folder and uninstall the DMtoolbars from Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- From the Start menu, select Run. The run command window opens.
- Type in the command shell:common startup and click OK. Windows explorer opens to the Start-up folder.
- Right-click on Document Manager Shortcuts and select Delete. Document Manager Shortcuts is deleted.
- Open the Microsoft Office application. The Microsoft application opens.
- Click the File button on the left top corner of the application. The drop down appears.
- Select Word/Excel/Outlook Options. The Options window appears.
- Select Add-ins from the left hand side. The Add-ins detail appears in the right hand pane.
- From Manage, select Comm Addin Items from drop down options and click Go. The Comm Addin window opens.
- Highlight the MYOB Document Manager add-in and click Remove. The MYOB Document Manager Add-in no longer appears.
- Close then reopen the Office application.