This support note applies to:
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
You can remove the completion date without deleting the completion code from the footer of the return by editing the layout 'Footer' from within the Tax Practice letters.
- From within a return, for the year that you want to remove the status from the footer, follow the menu path: Maintenance > Letter writing > Transfer Master letters. The Record Selection window appears.
In the Mask field, type Footer. The word Footer appears in the mask field.
This is case sensitive so ensure that "Footer" is entered as shown
- Click OK. The message 'Transfer? Footer - ATO forms footer' appears.
Click Yes. The return appears.
If you have already had the Footer layout within the Tax Practice Letters you will be prompted to override.
- Follow the menu path: Maintenance > Letter writing > Tax Practice letters. The Client window appears with the letter index.
- Highlight the Footer layout and press ENTER twice. The Letter - Footer window appears.
Using the DELETE key, remove ^#97. The ^#97 value is deleted.
Do not delete the end of line character, the left pointing triangle. If you have accidentally deleted it, use the ENTER key to re-create it.
- From the File menu, select Exit. The message 'Save current changes: Footer' appears.
- Click Yes. The Client window appears with the letter index.
- Press ESC.
The completion date no longer appears at the bottom of the page when printing a return.