This support note applies to:
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
- AO Tax (AU)
From 1 July 2019 employers with fewer than 20 employees need to use STP-enabled software to report information like salary and wages, tax and super to the ATO when they process their employees' pay runs.
To identify which of your clients are required to use Single Touch Payroll reporting, you can use the spreadsheet in this article to create a report that shows which clients have Salary and Wages expenses in their tax return.
This report shows the Total Salary and Wages expenses data from Individual, Company, Partnership and Trust returns for both current and prior year.
If you need to know about STP reporting and the STP solutions we offer, talk to your Partner Manager. Contact us if you're not sure who your Partner Manager is.
To successfully run the report, you'll need to meet the following conditions.
- Your AE/AO Practice Manager database has been configured correctly to the AE/AO Tax database:
- You can check this in AE/AO from the menu: Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Tax Settings.
Confirm the Current Integration Status is Fully Integrated.
If you use AE Series 6/8, you will see the Current Integration as Not Integrated and that's ok. Just make sure that your AE Tax database name is correct and you meet the rest of the 2 conditions.
- You can see Tax Reports 2018.
- You can check this in AE/AO by selecting Reports, under Tasks bar on the left.
Confirm that you can see Tax 2018.
If you don't see Tax 2018 under Reports, use this table to see what you need to do next.
Product Do this AE Tax/AO Tax Contact us and make sure we have access to the SQL server Series 6/8
Log in to my.myob.com.au. Go to My Products > Downloads. Download and install whichever of the following files that applies to your setup:
- Network users: Reports Pack for Practice Manager users - Installer
- Standalone users: Reports Pack Standalone - Install
If you use Series 8, you'll see the same in your downloads page.
- You'll need to open the spreadsheet - AEPM_STP_Salary_Wages_Tax_Report - Ver 1.0.xlsm in a standalone/workstation which has:
- MS Office/MS Excel installed.
- a network connection the SQL Server where your MYOB database is.
Save the AEPM_STP_Salary_Wages_Tax_Report - Ver 1.0.xlsm on your desktop and double click to open the file.
Enter the details in Summary worksheet to run the report and you'll see the results in the Detail worksheet.
- On the Summary sheet enter your SQL Servername including any instance name in cell B4. For example, Server1 or Server1\MYOBACCT.
- Enter the name of your AE/AO PM database in cell B6. For example,VPMSER or AODB1
- Enter the SQL password for username - sa in cell B9. Call MYOB support if you don't know the password.
- If the SQL password is incorrect, contact your IT person to find out what the password is.
- Click Click here to run the STP - Wages and Salary Expense Tax Report to generate the report.
You'll see the results of the report in the Detail worksheet.
The report shows the Total Salary and Wages expenses data from Individual, Company, Partnership and Trust returns for both current and prior year.
Trusts & Partnerships
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY