This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Workpapers (AU)
- AE Statutory Reporter (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- Timecost (AU)
- AE System Release (NZ)
- AE System Release (AU)
- AE Reporter (NZ)
- AE Reporter (AU)
- ProfitOptimiser (AU)
- Profiles (AU)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
- AE MAS (NZ)
- AE MAS (AU)
- Leased Assets (AU)
- AE Investments (AU)
- FBT (AU)
- AE Tax (NZ)
- AO Classic Tax (AU)
- AO Classic Practice Management (AU)
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
- AO Corporate Compliance (AU)
- AE Assets (NZ)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
- AE Corporate Compliance (AU)
- AE Accounts (AU)
In MYOB due to 3rd party applications such as virus scanners, you may experience one of the following:
- MYOB Applications are slow to open
- Processing MYOB transactions taking longer than normal or
- MYOB unexpectedly shuts down with no error message.
When you install a virus scanner for the first time, the default options are set to scan all files. Therefore, when you enable this application, the virus scanner scans every file before you open or run an application. This slows down the opening or running time of the application.
You can improve this time delay by tuning your virus scanner and creating exceptions for all MYOB applications and data folders.
Where this does not resolve the issue, you can disable your virus scanner to exclude the MYOB applications altogether. In some circumstances, you may have to uninstall the Anti Virus software altogether.
- Set up as Exclusions within your virus scanner program all MYOB applications and data folders including subfolders.
- Customise your virus scanning application so that on servers and workstations:
- Scanning of Network locations is disabled; and
- Heuristic or ‘Unknown Virus’ scanning is disabled.
- Ensure you scan all MYOB files brought into the system from a foreign source prior to incorporating them into the system.
- Where setting up exclusions as described above does not improve performance, disable the virus scanning program.
Where this doesn’t improve performance when running MYOB applications, completely uninstall the virus scanner application, restart your computer and test again.
- Right-click on the virus scanner icon on the Taskbar and select Disable, Exit or remove from tray. The virus scanner is disabled.
- Double-click on the virus scanner icon on the Taskbar. The Virus Scanner application opens.
Select the Disable option. The virus scanner is disabled.Where the above steps do not disable your virus scanner please contact your IT Administrator or virus scanner software provider.