This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
You may need to reverse an incorrect invoice raised on a supplier or when goods are returned to a supplier after they have been invoiced in the system.
The supplier may issue a credit note for the goods. In this instance, enter the credit note as a negative invoice amount, then allocate the credit note against the relevant invoice.
- Go to Bookkeeping > Creditors > Creditors Invoice. The Creditors Invoice window appears.
- Select the company from the Company drop-down.
- Find and open the supplier from the Supplier field.
- Enter the date in the Date field, invoice number in the Number field and description in the Description field.
- Enter the negative net amount in the Amount field.
- Select the relevant tax rate from the Tax Rates field if necessary. The default rate is displayed automatically.
- Select the relevant nominal code from the Nominal field.
- Click the Submit, Authorise and Post button. A message Purchase ledger invoice has been successfully posted appears.
- Click OK.
Open the supplier. The Main tab appears.
- On the Tasks bar, select Purchase Ledger. The Ledger window appears.
- Select the company in the Company field. The outstanding invoices for the selected company display.
- Select the negative invoice.
- Press Ctrl and select the invoice to allocate the negative invoice. Both invoices are selected.
- Click Allocate and Close.