This support note applies to:
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
You may need to run the 'EPRESET' external routine upon the advice of MYOB Support, or if advised to do so in another Knowledge Base article.
Following is information regarding how to run the EPRESET routine when you use Contact or Client Compliance.
Before you begin...
- Ensure that the Background Process has been closed on the server.
- Ensure that all users are out of AE Tax. If you also use other applications that use System Release, for example AE MAS, then you need to have all users out of these applications and System Release as well.
The EPRESET does not forcibly log users out of AE Tax, it simply updates the logged in status of the users even if they are still logged in.
There are two methods by which to run the EPRESET routine - through Datasafe and from the Run window. We recommend performing the process through Datasafe first, then if the issue persists run the EPRESET from the Run window.
- Follow the menu path: Start > All Programs > MYOB Accountants Enterprise > DataSafe. The DataSafe Utilities window appears.
- Click Support Tools. The MYOB Database Utilities window appears.
- From the Utility drop-down list, select Clear AE Tax user access.
- Click Run Now. The message "This routine will reset usage and item counts for all system objects. Are you sure that all other terminals are idle and that all users have logged out." appears.
Click Yes. The routine updates the user database and resets the item count and when completed, the MYOB Database Utilities window appears.If the message 'Do you wish to clear logged in status for user <username>?' appears, and the user is actually logged out, click Yes to reset and log the user out. Repeat this for each user prompt.
- Click the Close button in the MYOB Database Utilities window.
- Click the OK button in the DataSafe Utilities window.
Ensure that you start the Background Process on the server again after performing this routine.
- From the Start menu, select Run. The Run window appears.
Type X:\SOL64\SR EPRESET in the Open field, where: X: is the drive location of your SOL64 folder.There is a single space character between the word SR and EPRESET and EPRESET must be in UPPERCASE. For details on locating your SOL64 folder, refer to Finding the System Release directory if I use Contacts or Client Compliance to access AE Tax
Click OK. The System Services Reset routine window appears.If the Login Gateway window appears, type SUPERVIS in the User code field and S6 in the Password field and then click OK.
Click Yes. The routine updates the user database and resets the item count.Only click Yes if you are certain that no other users are logged on. If the message "Do you wish to clear logged in status for user <username>?" appears, click Yes to log this user out. If more than one user is logged on, repeat this for each user prompt. Once completed the system exits and the Windows Desktop re-appears.