This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
- AO Document Manager (AU)
- AO Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Statutory Reporter (NZ)
- AE Statutory Reporter (AU)
- AO Statutory Reporter (AU)
- AE Assets Live (NZ)
- AE Assets Live (AU)
- AO Assets Live (NZ)
- AO Assets Live (AU)
- AE Workpapers (AU)
- AO Workpapers (AU)
- Workpapers (NZ)
- AE Tax (NZ)
- AE Tax (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AO Tax (NZ)
- AO Tax (AU)
SQL scripts can be run from within the MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) and Accountants Office (AO) program interface via the Help > About window.
The Execute Script window keeps a record of all scripts that have been run via the Run Scripts function in AE/AO. This includes the folder location and the file name of the script that was run, as well as who ran the script and the date and time it was run. This is an easy reference tool to determine which scripts have been run, and whether any errors were generated during the running of the script.
To run an SQL script, you will need to know the SQL password for the SQL System Administrator (SA) user. This password is set by and kept by your system administrator.
If you're not confident in running an SQL script against the database, contact your IT provider or check with MYOB Support if it is the right solution for you.
Before running any script, make sure all users have exited the system and that you have a current backup of the database.
- Download and save the script to your computer. For example, the desktop of the computer or, in a central location such as X:\MYOBAO, X:\MYOBAE or X:\SOL64.
- Log into MYOB AE/AO as a SuperUser (Administrator) and follow the menu path Help > About > Run Script.
- From within the About window, click Run Script. The Execute Script screen appears.
- Click the ellipsis button to the right of the Script file name field.
- Browse to and select the saved script. Then click Open. The Execute Script screen appears.
Enter in the SQL system administrator password in the SQL Admin Password field.
If you need the AE/AO SQL admin password, contact Support. Remember, this password may be different as set by your system administrator.
- Click Run Script. The message "It is recommended that the database be backed up before running scripts. Do you want to backup to the default backup directory?" appears.
- Click Yes. The database is backed up then the Confirm Script Execution screen appears.
- Click Yes. Once the script has completed, the prompt "The upgrade script has completed. It is recommended that the application is closed and restarted after an upgrade script is run. Do you want to close the application now?" appears.
- Click Yes. The script is run and the AE/AO closes.
Once the script has run, access the Run Script window and from the History section, highlight the script name that you have just run and check the Script output window below. If the output section contains the word 'error', contact Support immediately for further investigation.