This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- Profiles (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Accounts (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) the Application Finder utility is used to determine:
- which desktop applications are running on the machine
- where the bin directory is located, and
- which applications are running on remote machines using applications located on the machine where the bin directory resides.
Application Finder identifies the:
- workstation name the application(s) are running on. Under column header Machine
- drive mapping to where the location is running. Under column header Path
- name of the executable file running. Under column header Application
- username of the person currently running the application. Under column header User.
Application Finder checks for the following applications:
- AdminCentre.exe, and
- Open Contacts, and from the Help menu, select About MYOB Contacts. The About MYOB AE Contacts screen appears.
- Click Application details. The MYOB AE Contacts Application Details screen appears.
- Note the Installed Location, e.g. S:\MYOB and click OK. The About MYOB AE Contacts screen appears.
Perform the following steps on the application server.
- At the Windows desktop on your application server, follow the menu path: Start > All Programs > MYOB Accountants Enterprise > DataSafe. The DataSafe Utilities screen appears.
- Click Support Tools. The MYOB Database Utilities screen appears.
Select Application Finder from the Utility drop-down list and click Run Now. The following prompt appears:
"The directory <installation directory>\bin is on a remote PC and hence it is not possible to display the applications that are running locally on the remote PC. Therefore only remote connections to 'machine name' will be displayed.".This prompt does not appear when Application Finder is run on a standalone environment.
- Click OK. The Application Finder screen appears.