This support note applies to:
- AO Classic Tax (AU)
- AO Classic Practice Management (AU)
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
Support may ask you to run the Register.BAT utility file if you experience problems because a file isn't fully registered during In MYOB Accountants Office (AO) Classic installation. The Register.BAT file registers system and print files used by AO Classic on the computer.
Before you begin
In standalone or network environments, you'll need to run the utility file as an administrator, locally on the affected workstation.
In terminal server environments, you'll need to run the utility file:
logged in as administrator
on the terminal server in install mode
with all sessions closed.
Close MYOB Accountants Office on the affected computer.
If your computer is 32-bit, go to C:\Program Files\Accountants Office.
If your computer is 64-bit, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Accountants Office
If you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click REGISTER.BAT and choose Run as Administrator.
- If you're using another operating system, double click REGISTER.BAT.
- After the utility has run, restart MYOB Accountants Office.
- If you keep experiencing problems, contact the support team.