This support note applies to:
- Profiles (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
MYOB recommends all practices enable the automatic backup system.
Datasafe backups are essential to ensure your database integrity, as the backup checks the structure of your data files that tape backups cannot perform.
To minimise the chance of having to restore your data, ensure Datasafe backups are scheduled to be performed daily.
- Go to Start button > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Task Scheduler.
- Navigate to Action menu > Create Basic Task.
- Add a Name and description for the task, and click Next.
- In the Task Trigger screen, select Daily, and click Next.
- In the Daily screen, select the start date and time, and select the recurrence (should be at minimum 1 days) and click Next.
- In the Action screen, select the option Start a program, and click Next.
- In the Start a Program screen, add the path to the backup.exe file in the Program/Script fielid (i.e. S:\MYOB\bin\backup.exe).
In the Add Arguments (optional) field, add the argument _/auto (where '_' represents a space).
- Click the Next button.
- Tick the 'Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish' checkbox, and click Finish.
- In the Security Options section, confirm the Network user account that the task will be run under (use the Change User or Group button to select a different user).
- Click the OK button to save the changes to the Task properties.
Remember to leave the PC you are using to perform the schedule backups running during the time you have set for your scheduled backups.
If you change your system password for any reason, ensure that you change the password that you entered for the scheduled backup. The scheduled backup password will not automatically update when you change your system password. Manually change the password in the scheduled task or the backup will not run.
Check that the backups have been completed successfully by looking at the Current online backups list on the DataSafe Utilities window. This field shows a record of the date, times and names of the most current backups in your regular backup cycle.