This support note applies to:
- AE Tax Manager (NZ)
- AE Tax (AU)
- AO Tax (NZ)
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Document Manager (AU)
- AO Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
- AE Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Statutory Reporter (NZ)
- AE Statutory Reporter (AU)
- AO Statutory Reporter (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) or Accountants Office (AO) there are security features around the availability and access of AE/AO Live.
AE/AO Live is available to everyone from the following versions:
MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) 2015.1
MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) 2015.2
The Live functionality extends the capabilities of the practice solution by using the cloud to collaborate with your clients. So now you can:
- Securely transfer documents.
- Have your clients digitally sign documents from their office or on the go using a mobile device.
- Builds a stronger relationship between you and your client by bringing your clients into your practice workflows.
View the MYOB demonstration on Getting Started with Accountants Office Live and Accountants Enterprise Live below!
In MYOB AE/AO when you click on the Live button and you as a user do not have sufficient security permissions, the following message appears.
"To use this product MYOB needs to set up Online data for your practice. You do not have permission to perform this task. Contact your System Administrator for assistance."
As access to setup AE/AO Live is restricted to those with SuperUser level access, you will need to have a user with this level of access to check the following settings:
- Follow the menu path Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Security > Task Permissions The Maintenance - Task Permissions tab opens.
- At the Product field click the drop down arrow and select Central. The selected product appears.
- From the table click to expand the Maintenance group. The Maintenance group expands.
Locate the permission description titled #Maintenance#Set Up Online Data and in the Allow column ensure that you tick this checkbox. The permission description is allowed.
This error should no longer appear for users clicking on the Live button.
If you prefer to remove the access to setup AE or AO Live then remove the tick from the Allow column. More detailed information about setting up task permissions is available, please refer to Setting up task permissions.