This support note applies to:
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
In MYOB Accountants Office (AO) Classic General Ledger you can allocate transactions to sub-accounts by setting up sub-codes in your general ledger. Sub-codes can be used to break up an account code for more detail.
400 Motor Vehicle Expenses
400/01 Petrol & Oil
400/02 Registration & Insurance
400/03 Repairs & Maintenance
400/04 Running expenses
Before you begin, ensure the option Provide support for an additional Sub-Code has been selected within the Account Structure tab in the General Ledger > Options and the number of digits for Sub-Code has been specified (maximum of 2 digits).
- From AO Classic, open your client's General Ledger.
- From your client's ledger, click on the General Ledgermenu and select Accounts Maintenance.
- Select the account you wish to add subcodes to. For example, 199 Interest Received.
- Press the F4 key on the keyboard to create a new account.
- Enter a code in the New Account Code field. For example, 199/03. Where:
- 199 is the main account code
- / symbol is the account code separator
- 03 is the subcode.
- Select Copy account details from another account and enter the account code you would like to copy the settings from.
- Enter a description for the account in the New Account Description field, then click OK.
The new account appears in the Account File Maintenance list of Accounts.