This support note applies to:
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
MYOB Accountants Office General Ledger allows you to import transactions from the BankLink application.
To be able to import transactions from BankLink you need to specify the location where the BankLink details are stored, which is called the BankLink Path.
If you do not specify the Banklink Path or it is incorrect, you may experience the error "Could not find the BankLink import program". To eliminate this error, specify or update the BankLink Path to the correct location.
- From the Windows Start menu select Control Panel.
Select System and Security.If you use the "classic view" skip this step.
- Select System.
- Select the 'Advanced System Properties'.
- Click Environment Variables....
- Below 'User account variables', click New.
- Enter the Variable Name as BANKPATH, and the Variable value as the Banklink drive and directory, eg. F:\BK5.and click OK.
- Below 'System variables', click New.
- Enter the Variable Name as BANKPATH, and the Variable value as the Banklink drive and directory, eg. F:\BK5 and click OK.
To check that the BankLink path has changed close out and restart Accountants Office and import the Banklink transactions as normal.