This support note applies to:
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
System Release DAL SQL error: "15281: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]SQL Server blocked access to procedure 'sys.sp_OACreate' of component 'Ole Automation Procedures' because this component is turned off as part of the security configuration for this server. A system administrator can enable the use of 'Ole Automation Procedures' by using sp_configure."
For more information about enabling 'Ole Automation Procedures', see "Surface Area Configuration" in SQL Server Books Online.
- Navigate to START > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 > SQL Server Management Studio. The Connect to Server window appears.
- Ensure server name is the correct instance and authentication details are correct then click Connect. The Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio window appears.
Right click where it states (local) or the server name in the left pane and select Facets. The View Facets window appears.
This can take a few seconds
- In the Facet drop-down list, select Surface Area Configuration. The Surface Area Configuration Facet appears.
- Change both the ClrIntegrationEnabled and OleAutomationEnabled from "False" to True then click OK.
- Close the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. The issue is now resolved.