This support note applies to:
- AO Document Manager (AU)
- AO Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
In MYOB Document Manager (DM) you may experience that you are unable to open PDF from desktop after opening a PDF from Document Manager.
This occurs only on machines when a user with Admin rights successfully opens a PDF document from DM, however any other PDF documents from other sources are unable to be opened, for example from the Desktop. These documents appears to hang, but subsequently may result with the following error "Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server" up to 10 minutes later.
To resolve this issue, ensure that the checkbox for Run this program as an administrator is selected in the Properties of the Adobe Reader icon.
MYOB is investigating this issue.
- Right click on the Adobe Reader icon and select Properties. The Adobe Reader Properties window opens.
- Select the Compatibility tab. The Compatibility tab displays.
- Select the checkbox Run this program as an administrator under Privilege Level section. A tick appears in the checkbox.
- Click Change settings for all users. The AcroRd32.exe Properties screen appears.
- Select the check box Run this program as an administrator from under Privilege Level section and click Apply and OK. A tick appears in the checkbox.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
Insert PR# 113320103437