This support note applies to:
- AO Classic Tax (AU)
- AO Classic Practice Management (AU)
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
When you install MYOB Accountants Office Classic on the server, run a workstation setup to enable this configuration on a workstation. The workstations then use the settings and configuration when using MYOB AO.
There's a different setup file depending on which software is affected.
You may be advised to run this routine:
- when implementing new machines
- after running an upgrade
- if issues occur on existing workstations, for example setup errors or license errors.
Before you start
We recommend disabling security programs like anti-virus or UAC, and running the routine with administrator rights.
MYOB Accountants Office (AO) Classic
Open MYOB AO Classic on an existing workstation or server.
From the Help menu, select About MYOB Accountants Office. The About MYOB Accountants Office window appears.
Click Application details. The MYOB Accountants Office Information window appears.
Note the data folder location. For example, M:\MYOBAO\Data.
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the MYOBAO folder location noted above. The MYOBAO folder appears.
Double-click and run Setup.exe. The process runs through configuring software settings on the workstation or server.
Go to Start > All Programs > MYOB > Update MYOB Accountants Office Classic.
The process runs through configuring software settings on the workstation or server.
- Open Windows Explorer on the workstation and go to the installation location:
- 32 bit: C:\Program Files\
- 64 bit: C:\Program Files (x86).
The contents of the folder appear.
- Right-click on the Accountants Office folder and click Rename. The folder name is editable.
- Enter Accountants Office.old and press Enter on your keyboard. The folder name is changed to Accountants Office.old.
- From the Start menu, select Run. The Run window appears.
- Enter regedit in the Open field and click OK. The Registry Editor window appears.
If your computer is 64-bit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432node\CA-Systems.
If your computer is 32-bit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CA-Systems.
Right-click on the CA-Systems folder and click Delete. The Confirm Key Delete window appears.
- Click Yes. The registry key is deleted.