This support note applies to:
- Profiles (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Tax you may have a locked tax return which you now need to access.
A tax return is generally only locked if it has been previously exported but has not yet been re-imported back into the AE Tax database. The lock is activated on exporting to ensure that the integrity of the data in the return is maintained until the return is re-imported with any changes that may have been made. Once the return is re-imported the return is unlocked and able to be accessed.
Perform the following instructions from within Contacts.
- Open your client in Contacts. Your clients contact details appear.
- Select the Matters tab. The contents of the tab displays.
- Double-click on the Tax Matter. The Tax Matter displays all the available tax returns for the contact.
- Double-click on the locked tax return. A message displays advising that the return is locked and asks if you want to unlock it.
- Select to unlock the return. The return is unlocked and opens.