This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (NZ)
- AE Statutory Reporter (NZ)
- Workpapers (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (AU)
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Workpapers (AU)
- AE Statutory Reporter (AU)
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
- AE Tax (NZ)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
When an employee has a MYOB Login created from MYOB AE/AO, they don't have the ability to access the my.MYOB website. It's recommended that you review whether you want to update your employee on the my.MYOB website.
Some benefits are:
- Access to the MYOB Knowledge Base Articles.
- Access to the MYOB Community Forums.
- Logging Support Requests.
If you wish to update your employee details on the my.MYOB website, use the following instructions.
Updating your employee details is done by accessing the Manage practice users list from within the my.MYOB website.
The details of the user you enter here, needs to be a person who is an Administrator when accessing the my.MYOB website.
- Sign in to my.MYOB and go to My Account > Manage practice users.
- At the Show field, click the drop-down arrow and select the Practice users with - No my.MYOB Access option. The user list now filters and displays users with no web access.
- For each employee displayed, click the Edit link from the Action column.
- In the Permissions section, select the access permissions you want to assign. The permissions available for selection are as follows:
- Access to my.MYOB: This allows an employee to access and use the general functionality of the my.MYOB website and MYOB online services, such as Client Accounting and MYOB Practice.
- Can manage online file access for practice users: This is the email address that clients use to invite your practice to access their AccountRight (AR) Live data files. This permission should only be given to the Practice login credentials as they have specific permissions assigning access of client AR Live files to practice employees.
Can add/edit/delete practice users and download software: Has permission to access my.MYOB and can also maintain/update most of the details relating to users, download product updates and access the release notes.Ensure that all mandatory fields are completed.
See image below:
- Click Update.