Accountants Enterprise only
A Step is a unit of work that needs to be completed in sequence for an Event to be complete.
- Select the Event from the Event Browser.
- Click [Enter] to open the Step Browser.
- Select File > New.
The Add/Edit Steps dialog opens and the Event field defaults to the Event previously selected.
- In the Step field, enter a code to identify the Step.
- In the Step Date field enter the date the Step was created.
- In the Next Step field enter the Step that is next in the sequence for this Event to be completed. If there is no data in this field, the prompt Event Complete? appears after this step is updated.
- The Duration and Duration Type fields combine to define a period of time that a return can stay at the current step before it becomes overdue to move to the next step.
- If the Step involves the recording of an amount (such as an Assessment Balance or Payment amount) tick the Amount Required checkbox. This enables Amount 1 and Amount 2 to be completed when a return is added to the Step.
- If a record is required of all returns that have reached this Step, even if the return has progressed to the next Step, tick the Retain History checkbox.
- The State field can only be used where the Event is one that is used to monitor Tax Return lodgment. This field allows the Step to be defined as Lodged, Not Lodged or Sent for Signature.
- In Title of Date field enter a short description of the step which will be displayed in the Step Browser.
- The Description field allows for a longer description of this Step.
- Click OK to save this Step and close the Add/Edit Steps dialog.