This item is for travel expenses incurred when performing work as an employee. They include:
- public transport, air travel and taxi fares
- bridge and road tolls, parking fees and short-term car hire
- meals, accommodation and incidental expenses while away overnight for work
- expenses for motorcycles and vehicles with a carrying capacity of one tonne or more, or nine or more passengers, such as utility trucks and panel vans
- actual expenses, such as petrol, repair and maintenance costs that you incur to travel in a car that is owned or leased by someone else.
Complete item D2 for work-related travel expenses during the current income year.
From 1 July 2018, if you have work-related travel expenses, the ATO requires you to lodge a Deductions schedule (DDCTNS, AE Tax schedule code ds).
We've removed the dissection grid provided in previous years.
To open the DDCTNS at this item, click label B and click into the first details field.
You can have up to 20 entries. To add a row, press Ctrl+Insert. To delete a row, press Ctrl+Delete.
When you close the worksheet, MYOB Tax updates the value at label B.