After the activity statement lodgment report has downloaded, the system automatically retrieves pre-fill data including DIN, period start, and period due.
After receiving pre-fill data, the status changes from Pre-fill Pending to Pre-fill Ready and the client name changes to a hyperlink. Click the hyperlink to create an activity statement in the current tax year. If a return doesn't exist for the client, we'll prompt you to create one.
See Which fields are pre-filled in an activity statement? for more information.
For Series 6 & 8, you must create the return in Client Compliance.
- Click the Client Name link for a client that doesn’t have a linked tax return.
- In the Create Activity Statement screen select the appropriate Base Return Type.
- If you select Mark Income Tax Return as Not Required, it updates the Return Required field on the tax return to Not required.
- Click Yes to generate a tax return for the current year.
- We'll display a pre-filled tax return which is added to the client with a status of Not started.