MYOB AE was previously listed as Practice Manager.
Integrating PDF Manager with MYOB AE enables files created in PDF Manager to be viewed within the Client page > Documents tab of MYOB AE.
With Practice Manager v5.2 or later installed, you may choose to present client documents in grid or folder view.
- Select PDF Manager menu > Tools > Options. The Options window opens.
- Click the Save With Settings button. The Save With Settings window opens.
- Select MYOB AE from the drop-down.
- Select the Enable integration with MYOB AE checkbox. This ensures that MYOB AE appears in the Save With window as an option to export PDFs.
The connection to the MYOB AO database will most likely be established automatically and the Configure button will become inactive. If the connection is not established, see To manually set a database connection below.
Click OK to return to the Save With Settings window.
After you have confirmed your database, “Current Database connection is valid” appears under Database.
- Set the default Save with settings. These settings, which differ for grid and folder views, appear when you save any document using File > Save With.
a. Grid view
If you have selected the grid view for displaying documents in MYOB AE, the Options window provides defaults that can be set for Client Code, Assignments, Description and File name.
b. Folder view
If you have selected the folder view for displaying documents in MYOB AE, the Options window provides defaults that can be set for Client Code and File Location.
- Click under Default save with settings and select a Client Code. The last five clients that you selected are listed.
- Select an assignment for the selected client. Only assignments relating to the selected client appear.
Type a description. The file path defaults to the that used in MYOB AE. You should enter the file name.
Click OK to save these settings and close the Options window. When you click Save with from the PDF Tasks on the Explorer Bar or the File menu your settings appear automatically.
- Click the Configure button. The MYOB AE Database LogOn window opens.
- Enter the database details.
- Enter your Server, Database, LogOnname and Password.
- If you want to use a Trusted connection, select the Use trusted connection checkbox. Selecting this option bypasses the need to enter a LogOn name and Password
- Select Test Connection to verify that the connection is successful.
- Click OK to save the settings.