Release date—3 December 2020
This is the latest version of MYOB Practice Solutions for:
- Accountants Enterprise (AE)—MYOB AE 2020.2
- Accountants Office (AO)—MYOB AO 2020.2
Want to save a print-friendly version of this page?
To see all the content on this page at once, click the print page () icon to the right of this page and choose Save as PDF.
This works best in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge internet browsers.
What is MYOB Practice Tax?
MYOB Practice Tax is an online platform that will replace your current desktop income tax products. (Accountants Enterprise, Accountants Office, and AO Classic). This is the future of all your income tax needs and filing to IR.
In this release, we've included the necessary changes to help you with upgrading to Practice tax. Follow the installation guide and install this version. When your practice is ready, talk to your Account Manager about how you can upgrade your desktop software and move all your clients online.
MYOB AE/AO is now compatible with SQL 2019. See Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Compatibility Statement.
We've improved how MYOB Essentials (new) works with Client Accounting:
- Performance improvements in Essentials (new). It'll now be faster when it accesses ledger account balances. This is especially noticeable with large ledgers.
- We've improved your experience with setting up an Essentials (new) file for your clients.
- Tax account group mapping is available for all AE MAS and AO GL entity types.
Client Accounting's department settings support prefixes, special characters and alphanumeric characters. This lets you produce individual (rather than combined) department income statement reports.
This release includes AE/AO 5.4.35 hotfix 52700164 (Australia & New Zealand) which addresses the Family Groups, date of death and Year End date not saving issue
No Tax Manager changes in this release.
No Document Manager changes in this release.