Release date—3 May 2022
Make sure you've installed Tax 2021.2 before installing this hotfix. Otherwise, the installation will not continue.
We've fixed issues that were causing rejections when lodging 2022 FBT returns.
Text": "A field contains invalid data (such as letters in numeric or date field).",
This rejection happens if you've entered more than 2 digits or special characters in the area code field in the phone number.
Make sure to check the Agent/Contact properties field.
We've made changes to the area code field length and this error will no longer occur.
Text: "A field contains invalid data (such as letters in numeric or date field)."
Value '0' was either too large or too small for PositiveInteger.
This rejection happens if you've entered a zero in a field but requires a number greater than zero at Item 23. You also cannot leave the field blank or enter zero if related fields have values in them.
|We've implemented an F3 validation.|
Text: A mandatory field has not been completed
|This error occurs if one or more fields were completed in Item 7 - Current business trading name/business.||We've implemented an F3 validation.|
F3 Warning message
M995: If calculation relates to a part year assessment it will be necessary to lodge a paper return
|This warning was incorrectly blocking the completion of the tax returns.|
The Complete button will be visible when the warning is present. Review the message and complete the return accordingly.
We've also implemented a validation error if the labels are completed incorrectly.
Follow the steps below to install the hotfix.
- You must have MYOB AE/AO version 5.4.42 installed and the Tax version is 2021.2. To check your current version, click Help > About.
If you don't have 2021.2 installed, you'll see the following message when installing the hotfix.
- Ensure you have administrator access to the server where MYOB AE/AO is installed.
- Ensure all users are logged out of MYOB Tax.
- Go to my.MYOB and download the MYOB Tax Hotfix 80610362 - Installer file to your server location where you installed MYOB AE/AO.
- Double-click the executable to start the installation.
- In the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard window, click Next.
- Select I accept the terms in the licence agreement. Click Next.
- In Ready to install window, click Install to start the installation.
- On the Install Completed window, click Finish.
This release does not require a workstation install
- Open a 2021 tax return.
- Select Help > About.
- Check that the version number is 2021.2a.