This support note applies to:
- AE Reporter (NZ)
- AE Reporter (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Reporter, when you change or customise a Financial Report you may need to insert or create a new note number.
As the MYOB Master Formats are structured with 1 format per note, to add an additional note to the reports, you'll need to:
- edit the balance sheet to print the note number
- create a new format for the details of the note
- include the newly created format to be printed with the relevant report.
The following procedures use Client Level Report designer as an example. If you are performing practice-wide changes, ensure you make the changes within Practice Level Report Designer. For details on how to access Practice level report designer, refer to our topic on Accessing Practice Level Report Designer.
- Open the general ledger and follow the menu path Reports > Reporter > Design Client Reports. The Report Designer window appears with all available reports in the left hand pane.
- Click the Formats tab located on the bottom-left of the window.
From the list of formats, double-click the relevant Balance Sheet format.
Not sure which format to choose? From the Reports tab of Report Designer, select the set of financial reports you wish to print and click the Preview () icon. Scroll down to the Balance Sheet report and right-click on the value you wish to add the note number against. In the Cell Properties, click the green pencil icon () next to Format. The relevant Balance Sheet format opens for editing.
Click the cell in column B where the note number is required and type the following condition, then press the ENTER key on the keyboard..
NoteName is the name used to reference the occurrence of the note number
- Click to save the changes to the format, then click the Close button to close the Balance Sheet format.
For more details refer to Establishing a new format
- From the Formats tab of Report designer, click the button to create a new format.
Click in cell B2, type =NOTE(NoteName) where NoteName is the name used to reference the note number. For example, =NOTE(OtherLoans)
Using cell B2 will keep the presentation of the note number consistent with the note numbers throughout the financial statements
Right-click on the row heading of row 2 and select Bookmark.
- In the Bookmarking screen, type NoteName into the Bookmark Name field, where NoteName is the name used to reference the note number. Then click OK. The bookmark is saved and the format appears with a "B" on the row heading.
- Click to save the format. The then click the Close button to close the format.
From Report Designer, click the Reports tab.
Double-click on the report where the new note format is required to be added. For example #CompanySmall. The contents of the report appear on the right hand pane.
Double-click on the Notes to the Financial Statements group to expand. The contents of this group appear in detail.
With the report open and the Notes to the Financial Statements group expanded, click the Formats Tab. All available formats appear in the left hand pane.
Locate the new note format from the Format list, then drag and drop the format from the format list into the expanded Notes to the Financial Statements group of the report. The new format appears in the expanded group of the report.
Use the green Up and Down arrows on the toolbar to move the note format up or down in the order of the notes.
When finished, click to save your changes, then close the report.