This support note applies to:
- Profiles (AU)
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
If you need to change the database name in MYOB Contacts, contact MYOB Support and quote KB article 28801.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
The database name needs to be edited 2 places: the database directory and the module.ini file.
To edit the database name in the database directory
- From the Windows desktop, follow the menu path: Start > Programs > MYOB Accountants Enterprise > Datasafe. The DataSafe Utilities screen appears.
- Click Support Tools. The MYOB Database Utilities screen appears.
- Dbed the database database directory (CDS.DIR).
- Click Run Now. The C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe screen appears.
- Type s filegroup and press ENTER. An entry appears on the next line, and the cursor appears next to a curly bracket. For the instructions below, the entry shows as: 0~Old Practice Name~3
- Type u filegroup and press ENTER. The cursor appears on the next line.
- Type 0~New Practice Name~3 where: New Practice Name is the new database name and the numbers are the same as noted from step 5. The cursor appears on the next line.
- Type . (full stop symbol) and press ENTER. A new line with the prompt appears.
- Type q and press ENTER. The MYOB Database Utilities window appears. You have successfully changed the database name.
To edit the database name in the module.ini file
- In Contacts, from the Help menu, select About MYOB Contacts. The About MYOB AE Contacts screen appears.
- Click Application details. The MYOB AE Contacts Application Details screen appears.
- Note the Installed Location, e.g. S:\MYOB\bin, and the Database Location, e.g. Q:\data\MYOB.
- Click OK. The About MYOB AE Contacts screen appears.
- Click Close. The Contacts screen appears.
- At the windows desktop, click Start and select Run. The Run screen appears.
- Type S:\MYOB\bin\module.ini in the Open field (replace S:\MYOB with your Installed Location). The module.ini - Notepad screen appears.
- Edit the database name for the relevant database. For example:
Name=New Practice Name
- From the File menu, select Save. The changes are saved.