This support note applies to:
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
Before you begin
Back up the General Ledger client before continuing with these procedures.
In the General Ledger client, go to General Ledger > Description File Maintenance.
Press F8 on your keyboard to delete all the lines in the window. The Description File Maintenance window displays no code descriptions.
Click Update from Master and select the master client. For example, if you are changing the client to a small company entity, select ZZAU15 Small Co's. Updating a Description file from a Master ledger appears with the master ledger selected.
Click OK. All the descriptions are updated and codes appear in the Description File Maintenance window.
Complete the appropriate fields.
In the General Ledger client, go to General Ledger > Accounts Utilities > Update Accounts from a Standard.
From the Select "Standard" client to update from drop-down list, select the template corresponding to the client's entity type. For example, if you are updating a small company entity, select 15 Small Co. Template.
- Click Next.
Click Next. Step 3 - Update Options appears.
Select Add accounts and select Add automatically.
Click Next and then click Finish. A processing window appears then closes.
- In the General Ledger client, go to Reports > Print Financial Reports.
- Select I'd like to customize my own Report Settings and click Next.
For all the report lists that you want to delete, select a report list and click Remove. The report lists are deleted.
- Click Add/Copy. The Add/Copy Report List dialogue box appears.
- Select Copy a Report List and choose the appropriate entity template. For example, if you are changing the client to a small company entity, select the 15 Small Company template.
- Ensure the template has been updated to the current version. For details, see Updating my General Ledger templates.
Click the report list, or to update all report lists, click Select All.When adding the Notes report back in, if you're converting to a sole trader, the notes are available from the ZZAUS Notes 1 master. Super Fund clients' notes are available from ZZAU19 Superfunds master. All other entities use ZZAUS Notes master.
- Click Update. The report lists appear in the Select Report List window.
In the General Ledger client, go to General Ledger > Income Allocation Definitions. The Income Allocation Definitions window appears.
Press F8 on your keyboard to delete any incorrect allocations.
Press F4 on your keyboard to add the correct allocations.To check income allocations, go to Income Allocation Definitions on the appropriate template client.