This support note applies to:
- AO Document Manager (AU)
- AO Classic Document Manager (AU)
- AO Classic Document Manager (NZ)
- AO Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
In MYOB Document Manager (DM) when a document is opened, it is automatically checked out to make sure that version control is maintained. Only the employee that checked out the document or the Document Manager Administrator can check in a document.
The following instructions will step you through this process.
When checking in a document, you have three check in options:
- Create a new version: The document will be added as a new version of the original document.
- Create a new document: This will create a new document number with the version 1.
- Replace original document: This will retain both the document number and version.
There are two additional options for the checked out file:
- Keep document checked out: This option is only available when the Replace original document option is selected. A copy of the latest version of the document will be added to MYOB DM and will keep the original document checked out; and
Delete local document file after check in: The local copy of the document will be deleted after adding it to MYOB DM.
Perform the following instructions from within MYOB DM:
Locate the document you would like to check in. The document is displayed either in the Find Documents page, Analyse Documents page or Documents tab.You can locate the document using the Documents button on the top toolbar (opens the Find Documents page), or from the Documents menu, select Analyse Documents (opens the Analyse Documents page) or via the Clients button (each client has a Documents tab with their linked documents).
Select the document and click Check In under Single Document Tasks in the Tasks panel. The Checked In <document number_version: document title> screen appears.Alternatively, right-click the document and select Check in… or, if the document is open, click the Check In.
- Select the Replace original document check in option, then select the relevant Checked Out File option and click OK. The document is checked back in.
You are unable to check in a document that has been edited if the status of the document is Complete.
You can also set up a homepage to show My Checked Out Documents. This will assist with checking in documents and will avoid searching for each document separately.
For information on how to configure the My Checked out documents homepage, refer to Viewing a list of documents checked out by me