This support note applies to:
- AO Assets Live (NZ)
- AE Assets Live (NZ)
- AO Assets Live (AU)
- AE Assets Live (AU)
In MYOB Client Accounting, you may need to enter the Opening Pool Balance for assets acquired in a previous year.
For the Opening Pool Balance amounts to display in the current Asset Register year, you need to perform the following three steps:
- From within your client's Client Accounting > Assets tab, click Add year on the TASKS panel.
- In the Add Year window, enter the previous Year End, then click Add. For example, if you're preparing Assets for the 2016 Financial Year, enter 2015 as the Year End.
- To open the register, double-click on the asset register for the prior year that you have just created.
The next step is to add the Small Business Pool and any assets with a closing balance that are required to be rolled forward to the current 2016 year.
For instructions on how to create a small business pool Asset or to create an asset, refer to the topics below:
- Select Add year from the Tasks panel. The Add Year window displays.
- Enter the current Year End, then click Add. Using the example in Task 1, the current Year-End will be 2016.
- To open the register and roll over assets from the 2015 year, double-click on the asset register for the current year (example, 2016) to open.
The previous year Assets, Small Business Pool and opening balances now display in the Asset Register for the current year.