This support note applies to:
- AE Reporter (NZ)
- AE Reporter (AU)
When accessing MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Reporter, you may receive the message "Environment Error: -2147220991: -2147024770 Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients".
This commonly error occurs when the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) Settings conflict with the requirements of AE Reporter. To resolve this error, apply DEP Settings for essential Windows programs and services only.
If applying this setting does not eliminate the error, you may need to temporarily disable both User Account Control (UAC) and your anti-virus software, then re-run a Reinstalling AE Reporter of AE Reporter.
- From the desktop, right-click on the Windows Start () icon and choose Control Panel from the menu.
- From the Control Panel, click System.
- Click Advanced System Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab, then under the Performance heading click Settings. The Performance Options window appears.
- Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Select the Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only option and click OK.
After performing the steps above, restart the workstation to ensure these settings are applied.
From the Desktop, press the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
In the Open field, type regedit and click OK. The Registry Editor window opens.
- Navigate to the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
Right-click on EnableLUA and select Modify from the menu.
If there is not an EnableLUA value, right click the System registry key in the left-hand pane and select New > DWORD from the menu. In the Value name: field, type EnableLUA, then continue with the following steps.
In the Value field of the dialog that appears enter the value 0 and then click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor then restart your computer to apply the changes.