This support note applies to:
- AO Classic Tax (AU)
- AO Classic Practice Management (AU)
- AO Classic General Ledger (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
In MYOB Accountants Office (AO) you may experience the error "41 /memo file reportdefinitions.fpt is missing or invalid".
To resolve this error you need to complete the following steps:
- Right click the Start button and select Open Windows Explore. Windows Explorer opens.
- Navigate to and open your Data folder. For example, MYOBAO\Data. The contents of the folder appear.
Highlight the three files named, CADATA.DBC, CADATA.DCT and CADATA.DCX, and from the File menu, select Delete. The message "Are you sure you want to send these 3 items to the Recycle Bin?" appears.If file extensions aren't visible, these three files show as CADATA.
- Click Yes. The files are deleted and no longer appear in the folder.
- Right click on the relevant file and select Rename. The file name becomes editable.
Edit the name of the file to be reportdefinitions1 and press Enter. The file is renamed.
You can now log into the relevant modules in MYOB Accountants Office.