This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise Tax (AE Tax) and Accountants Office Tax (AO Tax) you may experience the error "Access to Tax has been blocked because Clients Groups still exist in Tax".
This error can occur:
- after installing the latest version of Tax, or
- when performing a re-connection to the Tax Database from the Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Tax Settings.
This error occurs when there is a one to many client groups that exist in the current tax year.That is, one client that is linked to more than one tax return.
To resolve this error you need to remove the clients groups in Tax. In order to identify and remove the client groups perform the following tasks:
To identify the one to many client group, you will need to:
- Run the AEPMPlusDataCheckGroupsCheck.sql script. For details on how to run the script refer to KB 29810: Running an SQL script in AE/AO.
- After you have run the script, it will generate a report on the client groups in the Script output area.
The Script output will provide a detailed explanation on the clients and the tax return which are linked to one to many client group.With PMPlus integration tax returns cannot be linked to one to many client groups. Each client code can only be link to one tax return in particular tax year.
Any results of the One to Many client group relationships must be rectified so that there is only one return per Client Code. Also, it is advisable to correct the One to One relationships where the return code does not match but these may not block access to tax.
The following options are available:
Delete additional return(s) via System Release if the return is not required.If you are unable to access System Release as one user has been granted exclusive access during the install, please allow multi-user access to System Release as per Setting single user access to System Release
Create new client(s) in AE for the additional returns, then change the client code for these returns in the Return Properties using System Release.If you are unable to find the additional returns in System Release, they may be orphaned in which case an integrity check is required.
Once the one to many client groups has been resolved in the current Tax year, proceed with the following steps to run though the Key Attributes Mapping which will unblock access to Tax.
Perform the following steps in AE or AO:
- Follow the menu path: Maintenance > Maintenance Map > User defined > Key Attributes Mapping. The Maintenance - Key Attributes Mapping window displays.
- Select Update. The Key Client Attributes Mapping and Data update wizard begins.
- Go through the 5 steps process. Ensure that you select No update required for each of the following fields and click Next.
- Select Finish. The Data update complete window appears.
- Click OK. The Tax return data mappings to MYOB AE/AO client data appear.
Click Next on the Tax return data mappings to MYOB AE/AO client data.No setting change required.
- Select Next. The Staff responsibility window appears.
- Select Start to start the Staff responsibility data comparison. The Tax Check window appears.
- Click Yes to continue.
- Once the data comparison is completed, click OK.
- Click Next and Finish.
The process is complete and access to Tax is unblocked.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY