This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise Practice Manager (AE PM) you may experience the error "Failed to create the client: Cannot load the DLL Viz2CDS.dll or one of the DLL's it references. Reason 126" after upgrading SQL and attempting to add a new client.
To resolve this message you need to ensure the SR DAL and background process is running on the AE PM server. Once you have checked these are running, perform the following tasks on the AE PM data server:
- On the server, open the System Release DAL service. The System Release DAL screen opens.
- Click Stop on the Status tab. The SR DAL Status field changes to Stopped.
- Click the Configuration tab and remove [local] from the SQL Server to host database field.
- Type the server name in the SQL Server to host database field.
- Restart the service.
- Go to Start > Run and type in REGEDIT in the Open field and click OK. The Registry Editor screen appears.
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > ControlSet > Services > MSSSQLSERVER Modified - ImagePath and remove the quotation marks [" "] from the .exe file.
Re-install the integration software VizCDS19.exe on the server;
- Browse to your 5.4 install > AE_Practice_Manager_5_4 > AE_Practice_Manager_5_4 > Tax Integration > Classic Tax > Software components.
- Double click the VizCDS19.exe and follow the prompts to install.
Click Run CDS VizPost from Start > All Programs > Solution 6 (or from the link on the desktop) on the server.
Click ReSync Viztopia to CDS from Start > All Programs > Solution 6 on the server.
Once completed, test adding a new client in AE PM, and adding/editing addresses.