This support note applies to:
- AO Assets Live (NZ)
- AE Assets Live (NZ)
- AO Assets Live (AU)
- AE Assets Live (AU)
- AE Assets (AU)
- AE Assets (NZ)
In MYOB Client Account Accounting, when selecting Migrate Data to migrate your AST ledger you might see the error:
"The process cannot access the file 'pathway to .AST file' because it is being used by another process".
This error is happening due to a Microsoft Office 365 update. We're aware of this issue and working with Microsoft for a resolution.
To migrate the asset ledger successfully, use one of the workarounds
Migrate the assets on a workstation that doesn't have the Microsoft Office 365 updates installed.
Revert the Office 365 updates back to the December Patch.
You'll be reverting the Office 365 to Version 1911 (Build 12228.20364) dated December 2019. For more information, see the Microsoft website. If you're not sure how to do this, see an IT person.
- On the workstation, press the Windows key + R. The Run window appears.
- Type cmd in the Open field.
- In the command window:
- Type cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun\ and press Enter.
- Type officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.12228.20364 and press Enter.
- Click OK.
You'll be able to migrate the assets ledger now.
Office 365 updates are automatic. So you may need to repeat this process unless you've disabled automatic updates.
Wait for the .ldb file to clear when selecting to migrate the AST ledger.
- When you see the error, make note of the path from the error message window. This will be the asset register you're trying to migrate.
- Click OK on the error message.
Go to the client you're trying to migrate and click Migrate Data.
Do not click OK in the Migrate Data window. Leave the window open.
- Go the path you made a note of at Step 1.
- Make sure you can Viewing hidden files, folders and drives or enabling file extensions in Windows. A file with the name <client code.ldb> will automatically disappear (takes around 2 to 3 minutes).
- Once the file is gone, go back to the Migrate Data window and click OK to migrate.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY