This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (AU)
You may encounter the above error when opening the MYOB Accountants Office Tax (MYOB AO). This is due to an incorrect path which needs to be rectified.
- Open up Windows Explorer and navigate to your AOSQL folder i.e C:\MYOBAO\AOSQL or M:\MYOBAO\AOSQL.
- Go into the Central folder, then Deploy and locate and open the Registration.ini file.
- Ensure the path is correct (it should be a UNC path). If you are not sure, check with your system administrator.
- If you have corrected this path, and you still cannot open up MYOB AO, continue with the steps below.
- Go to the Start menu and click Run if the option is available to you, otherwise, skip to the next step.
- Type the word regedit and press Enter.
- Within the window that appears, in the left-hand pane, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MYOB.
- Ensure that any strings on the right-hand pane that contain paths inside the following subkeys point to the correct Registration folder (i.e C:\MYOBAO\AOSQL\Registration):
- System > Dll
- If you have a key called Wow6432Node under SOFTWARE, go to the next step, otherwise, skip to step 11. You will also have this key if you have a 64 bit machine
- Expand the MYOB key here and repeat the points at step 8.
- Open up MYOB AO and you should now be able to log in.
- If not, contact us.