This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
You may see the following error in the BackupService.log file:
The server principal "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" is not able to access the database "VPMSER" or "AEDB1" under the current security context. BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally."
This error is due to the account associated with the MYOB Backup having insufficient rights to the database it is attempting to backup.
- Either change the account. Refer to Error: "Error occurred in MYOBLicence.ReadLicenceFile()Reason: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: ptr"
- Update the rights for NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM login using the following steps:
- Log into Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio via Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Expand Security > Logins and highlight "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM", right click and select Properties.
- Select the Server Roles page and ensure that 'sysadmin' is ticked and click OK if you have changed this setting.
- Check the scheduled backup the following morning and confirm that it has run successfully overnight.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY