This support note applies to:
- AE Practice Manager (NZ)
- AE Practice Manager (AU)
In MYOB Practice Manager, you may see the "UIHelperClasses - Feenote: This file is read-only" when previewing a bill.
To resolve this error check the following areas:
- If using Word 2013 or higher, ensure Protected View is turned off;
- Check the billing template to ensure Attributes are not flagged as Read-Only;
- Check whether someone else has the document open;
- Have your IT check folder permissions to the template folder and also the bills folder, ensuring that all users have Full permissions; and
- The file may be left open on the server; have your IT check the server for any open files.
To turn off Protected View if using Word 2013 or higher. For details refer to Error: "A file error has occurred" when previewing bills in Word
- To find your templates, navigate to: Maintenance > Documents > Document Styles.
Make a note of the location for the relevant template used in billing under the Word Template column.
- Right-click on Start, select Windows Explorer and browse to the location noted at Step 1 .
- Highlight the relevant template, right-click and select Properties.
- Check under General tab > Attributes that the Read-only option is not selected.
To find your bills folder, navigate to: Maintenance > Documents > Document Creation Settings.
Make a note of the location under the Word Billing Algorithm column
You may also need to check the Billing Startup Path under Maintenance > Documents > Mailing Settings.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
May also need to check for Macro's - these may be disabled